I work primarily with individual artists, independent business owners, and social justice organizations. Since I only take on select projects, I’m able to give smaller clients the attention they deserve. And fellow artists and small business owners get the clean design and tech-forward communications they need.
I take on small-to-midsized projects: from basic setup of a catalog to a full datamodel analysis; from individual postcards to 80-page magazines; single-page blogs to multi-page programmed websites.
CATALOG & DIGITAL ARCHIVES
- Data architecture, munging and import.
- Analysis of documentation standards compliance and dataset sharing capacity
UX and INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE
- User and outcome analysis
- Wireframing, design specs
- Press and promotions strategy for events, tours, art shows, workshops, retreats, conferences…
- Website – design, coding, programming/scripting for galleries, embedding multimedia, CSS and XHMTL compliance
- Blogs – customizing, headers, page setup, instruction on using
- SEO and Statistics – maximize the hits your site will get, and make sure people can find you!
- Maintenance – someone else made the site and you want to add your new work to it? No problem!
- Design – gorgeous Photoshop or InDesign layouts, with impeccable mechanical precision
- Production – pouring manuscript, template creation, speccing,
- Project Management – file organization and version control; communications with multiple contributors
- Pre-press – print quotes, press checks, PDF management and follow up through delivery.
- Video – creating and maintaining web- or projection-ready promotional videos [Final Cut]
- Audio – recording and/or editing of interviews or stories [Audacity, Garageband]
INSTRUCTION & SKILLSHARES
- DIY New Media – creating and maintaining a viable web presence
- Getting Your Voice Out There – No/Low-Cost Audio Art
- Femmetech: DIY How-To blog – my blog that discusses how-to’s ranging from getting a domain name to buying a video camera.
PHOTO SHOOTS & TEXTILE SOURCING
- Clothing and Prop styling – focus on vintage/kitsch aesthetic
- Sourcing – creation and/or finding the right vintage item to suit your shoot
- Project management -arrangement with photographers, models, makeup artists, prop and clothing rentals.